Saturday 27 April 2013

Snail Essence Mask :Dr. Morita Repair Essence Ultra Slim Facial Mask

Posted by Unknown at 22:01

I had previously reviewed the Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Blemish Blam SPF 32/PA++ (Click to read the post if you haven't),  and have fallen so in love with the bb cream that I went to Watsons and picked up a snail essence mask too.

Just a short update on the bb cream, after using the Mizon snail bbcream for 2 months, my skin condition has improved a whole ton (Keira is a witness!). I used to be very very acne prone but after using the bb cream, I swear I rarely breakout anymore, and if I do, the pimple heals on its own within a day or two. Also, the old acne scars are starting to fade too! I used to think that the rave about snail essence is all but a hype, now I am not so sure. 


A quick search around the internet and pubmed tells me that the scientific name for snail essence is  “Helix Aspersa Müller Glycoconjugates”, it is actually a thick fluid collected by stimulating live snail (ok, I know gross, but hey, it works!). It is mainly made up of proteoglycans, glycosaminoglycans, glycoprotein enzymes, hyaluronic acid, copper peptides, antimicrobial peptides and trace elements including copper, zinc, and iron, which are all essential for keeping the snail free of bacterial or fungal infections as well as helping them heal when they get scratches from sliding around the hard pavement. I guess that's how the essence will be working on our skin as well by increasing topical wound healing properties. 

Does the snail essence really help in keeping us wrinkle free? I am not sure, because I do not have wrinkles yet. I am getting my mum to try out the mask though, will let everyone when I see results. Although, searching on pubmed, I do find some promising data, scientists have tested the snail fluid on a variety of cell cultures, where they see an increase in proliferation of fibroflast cells through the stimulation of new collagen, elastin fibers as well as fibronectin proteins. There was also a study that claims that snail extract improves skin condition by increasing the derma cells' ability to take up and hold water. Basically, I think there's enough legitimate evidence here to make the scientist in me believe that snail extract might really be a scientifically sound skincare product! 

It's up to you to believe, but let's move on to this new mask I have been trying. I have been using this mask for about a month, twice a week, and so far, I believe my skin has become fairer, and plumper, although I can't guarantee that the effects is from the mask and not the Mizon bb cream. 

Anyhow, 



Dr. Morita masks are supposed to be from Japan, but they are made in Taiwan, it made me a little disappointed. However, these masks are very well made, they are thick, and contains a whole lot of essence,  even more than those in the beauty diary masks.

The essence is also thick, slimy and sticky, it might be psychological but I like my essence thick because they feel like they contain more ingredients and are better absorbed.


This is how the mask look like on my face, I do have a pretty huge face, so there is enough material to go around. :P



I leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes, and this is a before and after shot of my pores.

Before

After
I think it's pretty obvious from the picture that my pores are a lot smaller after applying the mask.

TIP: After using the mask, DO NOT wash your face, just massage all the essence into your skin. The essence from this mask can be easily absorbed into the skin, and is not sticky after. Try it, it makes your skin smoother and softer the next day.

The mask is available only from Watson's, and cost SGD13.90 for 10 masks. Quite a good price for the quality. Are you willing to give it a try? Let me know!

xoxo,
Nicole



1 comments :

Ajitesh Agarwal on 17 March 2020 at 04:23 said...

Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. snail essence facial mask sheet

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos