Saturday 18 May 2013

Makeup and outfit to an Indian wedding (slightly AISHWARYA RAI inspired)

Posted by Unknown at 22:50

My fiance and I went for an Indian Muslim wedding last night and I was extremely excited about it. It was the first Indian wedding I have ever attended, and I wanted to do a makeup that was sort of Bollywood glam. The person I thought of was Aishwarya Rai.



Of course Aishwarya Rai and I have entirely different facial structure, hers being nicely chiseled and mine being extremely flat. There is no way I can recreate her entire look, so what I focused on instead was to creaste a sultry look thatmimic her very lovely almond shaped eyes and the high cheek bone

Then end result was this:

Before                                                                         After
(Please excuse the weird shadow on the after picture, somehow the sun started setting when I was half way through the makeup, and I didn't realize the window grills were casting a shadow on my face until this morning.)

What I used for this makeup:


What I did:


I filled my brows in with a mix of dark brown and black eyeshadow because Rai had dark brows, and I also created a slight arch with the brows instead of using doing my usual straight brows. 

For eyeshadow, I used a L'oreal color infallible shadow in 004 Forever pink as a base, and then set the cream shadow with a plummy pink shadow from YSL 4 ombres a Paupieres palette 6. To create a subtle crease shape (see from the pictures, all of Rai's crease colors are very subtle, but it could be because she already has very definite eye socket), I used a matt brown shadow Tease from Urban Decay. Finally, I highlighted my brow bone with a beige shimmer color, Bootycall from Urban Decay.  


Eyeliner wise, I did a cat eye because it will elongate my eyes and emphasize more on the almond shape of my eyes in order to create an illusion that they are as beautiful as Rai's eyes. I drew the upper line with Heroine make's smooth liquid eyeliner. For a more natural cat eye look, the flick should be in line with the upward turn of your lower eyelid (shown by the line in the picture). I then lined my water line with Makeup forever aqua eye waterproof eyeliner pencil in 0L. I only lined half of my waterline so that it will look a little more natural, but if you prefer a fiercer look, line your entire waterline. Finally I set my liner with a black eye shadow, Carbon from M.A.C

For the lashes, I only used Maybelline's falsies mascara, because I had unfortunate accident with a recent eyelash extension and did not want to traumatize my lashes further with eyelash glue. But for a better effect, please apply some false lashes. 


Cheeks wise, 


I chose to use a bronzer and a highlighter to sculpt out my cheekbones and did not use any blush. I applied  taupe brown Rock and Republic eyeshadow in SPY as a bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks (the line). And to highlight my cheekbones (triangle area), I used Dior's Shimmer powder in 002 Amber Diamond. All these created an illusion of higher cheekbones.

Finally, to finish off,


I used Relvon's lip butter in Sugar plum to add a subtle plum color  that matches my dress. And for something extra, I added a stick on nose stud from Chameleon.  

As for outfit, 



I wore a dark magenta dress with indian inspired silver and crystal beadings on the collar, paired with a pair of white strappy heels. I piled on a ton of silver tone jewellery for accessories, and carried my vintage Dior clutch. 

All in all, it was a fun time doing the makeup and putting the look together. It might not be the best imitation of Aishwarya Rai's look, but I think it was a decent effort. What do you guys think? 

Thanks for reading! 

xoxo, 

Nicole. 

2 comments :

IY on 19 May 2013 at 06:56 said...

Help me do one next time leh, cheers, Inna =p

Unknown on 20 May 2013 at 01:40 said...

Of course!! You can be my model!! :)

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos