Sunday 2 June 2013

Lee Hyori Miss Korea inspired look

Posted by Unknown at 03:28
I am not a fan of Lee Hyori, but I have been pretty impressed by the hit song Miss Korea from her newest album Miss Korea. In the song, she sings about korea's obsession with plastic surgery and designer bags using her own self-penned lyrics, and a simple and yet catchy melody. What I love most is of course retro glam look she has adopted for the video.



Bored at home on a sat, I decided to  try the purple cat eye look she has in the video, and this is the result:

HER




ME:



 What I did:

Foundation



I wore a mixture of Paul and Joe Pearl Foundation Primer in 02 and Hera HD foundation in 23 for a high coverage but yet glowing look. 

Brows



I thought that Lee Hyori's straight brows in the video had a greyish tinge, so I recreated the brows first with a taupe brown color (Urban Decay Tease) as the base, and then gently mixed in grey to create a more 3D effect (Urban Decay Gunmetal, a matte grey color would be a better choice).

Base Shadow


I used a shimmery light purple (1) all over the eyelid except under the brows, and then used a silver grey color (2) as a highlight on the browbone. 

Next I moved on to the eyeliner first before adding more eyeshadow colors to my look. 

Eyeliner


I drew in the upper and lower wing liner with MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack as shown in the picture. The liner was quite messy but I wasn't too worried about it because the edges will be smudged out with eyeshadow in the next step.

Smudging


For the top lid I smudged the eyeliner upwards using a first matt black shadow (Urban Decay Blackout) and then gradually changed to Nyx's Dark purple shadow in Morocco, making sure to keep blending the colors. The lower winged line is blended out with just the matt black shadow. This step ensure the the harsh lines of the eyeliner are removed, and it also adds drama to the look. 

Lashes:


 For lashes, I curled my lashes and applied a lengthening mascara (Maybelline's falsies) before applying false lashes. I cut my false lashes into half and layer them up onto the outer corner of my eyes to create a fuller, fluffy cat eye look.

Contouring


In the music video, lee hyori downplayed the color on her face, probably to complement her super dramatic eyes. So I did not add any blush on my cheeks, instead only contoured my face using Nars Bronzer in Laguna as shown in the first picture. I highlighted the top of my cheekbones as well as down the nose using Milani Illuminating face powder in 02 Hermosa rose. Finished look (last picture) shows sculpted cheekbones, higher nose bridge, an overall glowy look. 

Finally, for the lips, 

I believe Hyori was wearing a pinkish nude color for her lips, and because I don't have any colors like that in my makeup collection, I mixed a light pink lip color (MAC Sunny Seoul) with a beige nude color (Nyx orange soda) to create a similar color. 

And that finishes my look.

Disclaimer: I am not looking to look exactly like her, which is impossible considering we have different features and face shape, what I am doing is just to recreate a look with is similar to the retro look she wore in the MV. :)

Thanks for reading folks! I will leave you with one final picture, 


I think I did quite an ok job didn't I? Let me know what you guys think!

xoxo, 




0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Forever 29. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos